Frequently Asked Questions
What hair color is best for me?
- Please see our swatch store for assistance with helping you select which color to choose. We offer single color strands as well as color rings with our different families of colors to help match your hair color to your Bellissa shade.
How Do I put in my hair extensions?
Note: Start by unclipping all of your clips on your full set of Bellissa Hair extensions. This will allow you ease as you begin to clip the wefts into your hair. The beauty of Bellissa clip-in hair extensions is you can use all 10 pieces of your full set, or less pieces if you feel it is too much hair for your desired look. You can clip in your wefts however you like to achieve your desired look. These steps are simply a guide to help you install your clips!
Start from the lower back part of your head
- Start at the lower back part of your head-just below your ear and part your hair horizontally with your index finger or a fine tooth comb. Note: You can start as low as you want your first weft to clip into your hair.
- Once your hair is parted secure the rest of your hair up at the top of your head away from your part with a hair clip. This will keep you hair out of the way and allow you to clip your wefts into your hair.
- Once your hair is parted and the rest of your hair is pulled up away from your part secured with a clip- start with one of your 6 inch 3 clip wefts and begin by clipping the middle clip onto your hair slightly below your part. Always clip the extensions onto your hair, and not directly onto your scalp. Then finish by clipping the two end clips onto your hair slightly below your part.
- Work your way up the back of your head by parting your hair about half an inch to an inch apart from the first weft, and pulling up the rest of your hair with the clip.
- Once your hair is parted clip in your second 6 inch 3 clip weft and begin by clipping the middle clip onto your hair slightly below your part. Then finish by clipping the two end clips onto your hair slightly below your part.
- Continue to work your way up the back of your head by parting your hair about half an inch to an inch apart from the last weft, and pulling up the rest of your hair with the clip.
- Once your hair is parted clip in your 8 inch 4 clip weft *the longer of the two 4 clip wefts* and begin by clipping one of the middle clips onto your hair slightly below your part. Next, clip the second middle clip onto your hair slightly below your part. Then finish by clipping the two end clips onto your hair slightly below your part. Note: If this weft is slightly longer than needed then clip this weft into your hair in a slight “U” shape towards the ends.
- Continue to work your way up the back of your head by parting your hair about half an inch to an inch apart from the last weft, and pulling up the rest of your hair with the clip.
- Once your hair is parted clip in your 7 inch 4 clip weft *the shorter of the two 4 clip wefts* and begin by clipping one of the middle clips onto your hair slightly below your part. Next, clip the second middle clip onto your hair slightly below your part. Then finish by clipping the two end clips onto your hair slightly below your part. This will complete the wefts for the back portion of your head.
Right side of your head
- On the right side of your head about half an inch above your ear part your hair, just enough to clip in your first 1.5 inch 1 clip weft, slightly below your part *be sure this clip is not too close to your face to conceal the weft with your own hair*.
- Next, part your hair on the right side of your head about half an inch to an inch above your first 1.5 inch 1 clip weft, and begin by clipping in one of your 4 inch 2 clip wefts onto your hair slightly below your part. Start with the clip farthest away from your face. Be sure to clip this piece into your hair leaving enough room away from your face to conceal the weft with your own hair. Then finish by clipping in the clip closest to your face. *If this is your first time installing clip-in extensions, be sure to adjust the 2 clip weft on the side so that it is not too close to your face. This will make it easy to conceal the weft with your own hair.
- Finish by parting your hair about half an inch above your 2 clip weft, then clip in your second 1.5 inch 1 clip weft, slightly below your part *be sure this clip is not too close to your face to conceal the weft with your own hair*.
Left side of your head
- On the left side of your head about half an inch above your ear part your hair, just enough to clip in your third 1.5 inch 1 clip weft, slightly below your part *be sure this clip is not too close to your face to conceal the weft with your own hair*.
- Next, part your hair on the left side of your head about half an inch to an inch above your 1.5 inch 1 clip weft, and continue by clipping in your second 4 inch 2 clip weft onto your hair slightly below your part. Start with the clip farthest away from your face. Be sure to clip this piece into your hair leaving enough room away from your face to conceal the weft with your own hair. Then finish by clipping in the clip closest to your face. *If this is your first time installing clip-in extensions, be sure to adjust the 2 clip weft on the side so that it is not too close to your face. This will make it easy to conceal the weft with your own hair.
- Finish by parting your hair about half an inch above your 2 clip weft, then clip in your fourth 1.5 inch 1 clip weft, slightly below your part *be sure this clip is not too close to your face to conceal the weft with your own hair*.
- You have just empowered your inner-Goddess! Your beautiful Bellissa Hair is now ready to wear silky straight or styled into gorgeous Goddess curls!
- Note: Your beautiful full set of Bellissa Hair extensions includes a total of 10 pieces making Bellissa Hair incredibly versatile giving you endless styling options for your hair. You can wear the complete set or change it up and wear less hair depending on your desired look!
How Do I remove my hair extensions?
- Removing your Bellissa Hair extensions is super easy and convenient!
- To remove your Bellissa Hair extensions simply start from the top of your head, unclipping the clips on each individual weft. Once all of the clips on each individual weft are unclipped, gently remove the weft from your hair.
- Continue working your way down your head until all of your clips on each individual weft is unclipped, and you have gently removed each weft from your hair.
- Once all of your wefts have been removed from your hair, you can snap the clips to close them until you are ready to install them back into your hair.
- Once all of the clips are snapped closed on your wefts, gently brush your Bellissa Hair extensions with a soft bristle paddle brush starting from the bottom working your way up. Be sure to gently brush your extensions after each use for proper care.
- You can store your beautiful Bellissa Hair extensions inside of your gorgeous box for safe handling between each use. If you prefer to leave them out be sure to brush them, and store them together in the form of a ponytail with a ponytail holder.
How do hair extensions work?
- Bellissa Hair extensions are specially designed with the use of clips to provide an easy and convenient option to instantly add volume and length to your natural hair in a matter of minutes. The clip-in mechanism doesn’t cause any damage to your natural hair, making Bellissa Hair extensions a perfect accessory to your natural hair if you are looking to add extra volume and length. Or if you are in the process of growing your hair out and are looking for extensions that will not damage your natural hair, Bellissa extensions are the perfect solution! Or maybe you want to experiment with color by adding a lighter Bellissa Hair shade to your natural hair for highlights, or be playful and try out our gorgeous ombre look. You have so many unlimited options in colors, hairstyles, and looks with Bellissa Hair.
What is remy hair?
- Remy hair is the very best quality of human hair, and is the difference between silky smooth and healthy feeling hair extensions that blend seamlessly with your natural hair, and non-remy human hair extensions that are dry, tangled and shedding. The reason for this is that remy hair still has its cuticles intact, and the hair is running in the same direction just as natural hair does. Most other hair extension companies (even those claiming to use 100% remy hair) use non-remy hair, which means the hair has been stripped of its natural cuticles and bundled with the hair running every which way for cheaper and faster processing, creating extensions that are low-quality, doesn’t blend well with your natural hair, and has a much shorter lifespan. This is a hidden benefit for other hair extension companies that use non-remy human hair because the lifespan of this hair is much shorter, hence their customers will need to purchase hair extensions much more frequently. Remy hair on the other hand is soft, has a natural shine, a silky smooth texture, and will sustain its quality giving a much longer lifespan with proper care. You will notice an immediate difference when wearing Bellissa extensions compared to other brands, as we only use the highest quality premium grade 100% real remy human hair with all its cuticles intact and aligned. The quality and lifespan of Bellissa extensions is a night-and-day difference from other extensions; they are much softer, healthier, mimic and blend with your real hair superbly, doesn’t tangle, and have a beautiful, natural shine to them that actually lasts.
Can I color, tone or bleach my hair extensions?
- Yes, your Bellissas can be colored or toned. However, as a general rule, it is easier to darken your hair extensions than to lighten them. Since your hair extensions have already been processed and colored, it is difficult to fade the original color and harsh, excessive or improper coloring will ruin your hair extensions. So we recommend that if you want to color your extensions, go darker, and please color or tone your tester weft first to ensure your desired results before coloring or toning your full set of hair. And we DO NOT recommend bleaching your hair extensions. Bleach is a harsh chemical that can alter the quality of your set and even damage it.
- NOTE: Coloring or toning your hair extensions may alter the integrity of your hair, resulting in a shortened lifespan. Coloring, toning, or bleaching Bellissa Hair extensions is done at your own discretion.
- We also highly recommend having a professional hair stylist color or tone your extensions--doing it yourself always poses a high risk of your hair not coming out the shade you want. We recommend that you use a professional hair stylist that specializes in coloring hair extensions for the best results.
Can I wash and blowdry my hair extensions?
- Yes, you can wash your Bellissas just as you would your own hair. We recommend using a natural, sulfate-free, paraben-free and sodium chloride-free shampoo and conditioner to keep your hair extensions healthy, soft and silky. This will also help to preserve their lifespan. Your extensions can be blow-dried on a low setting, but it is recommended to let your hair extensions dry naturally after washing them to preserve their lifespan and integrity. This can be achieved by simply laying them flat on a towel to air dry.
How do I keep my hair extensions silky smooth?
- We recommend deep-conditioning your Belissa hair extensions with coconut oil before washing them, to keep them soft, smooth, shiny and silky. Use a high-quality coconut oil that is organic, virgin and cold-pressed for optimal results. Disperse a generous amount of the oil throughout the hair extensions from top to bottom, allowing the oil to penetrate the hair for at least 1 hour, but ideally you should leave in the oil overnight. When you're ready to wash your hair extensions, simply rinse out the oil then shampoo and condition as normal. Coconut oil is the only oil that can fully penetrate deeply into human hair strands, preventing color fading and dullness, as well as leaving your hair extensions looking healthy and shiny.
How often should I wash my hair extensions?
- We recommend you wash your Bellissa Hair extensions after 10-15 wears. If you are wearing your extensions more frequently and start to notice product buildup from hair sprays, gels or oils, then we recommend washing after 5-10 wears. And if you are not wearing your extensions much, you can go up to 15 wears or longer before washing.
Why are my hair extensions getting tangled?
- Hair extensions can tangle just like your natural hair that grows from your scalp when not properly cared for. Your hair extensions can tangle due to dryness, oil & dirt build-up, salt water, chlorine and not brushing out your hair extensions daily. Always brush your hair extensions gently with a soft bristle brush before and after every use, and always begin brushing them from the bottom and work your way up to the top. If you are noticing that your hair extensions are tangling or frizzing up, you may want to consider washing and conditioning them, or using hydrating drops in between every single wear (daily) to detangle and smooth your extensions. We also recommend using a hair treatment on your extensions every few weeks; because your hair extensions are not attached to your scalp, they aren’t getting the natural oils and nutrients as the hair that grows from your scalp.
What type of hair care products should I use on my hair extensions?
- Treat and care for your Bellissa Hair extensions just as you would treat your own natural hair. Be sure to use high quality organic shampoo and conditioning products. Conditioning your hair is very important to keep it soft and silky--we recommend using organic leave-in conditioners. We also recommend you use high quality, all-natural products like 100% natural oils, serums and hair sprays to maintain your desired hairstyle, but be sure to wash your hair extensions more frequently to prevent product build up.
Can I use styling tools on my hair extensions?
- Yes, you can! Though we always recommend using a heat protectant spray or serum before using hot styling tools (such as flat irons and curling irons) on your hair extensions, as well as your natural hair. We do not recommend setting your hot styling tools higher than 350F; temperatures above this point can be very damaging to your hair and can cause breaking, splitting, tangling and matting. To extend the lifespan of your hair extensions, we recommend keeping the temperature between 290F and 320F when styling. Just remember, too much heat isn’t good for hair extensions, just like your natural hair!
How long do hair extensions last?
- The lifespan of your Bellissa Hair will depend on how well you take care of and maintain your set. Bellissa Hair has an average lifespan of 6 months to a year, or even longer, based on how often they are worn, and how they are cared for and maintained. With proper care and treatment, we promise you will be very pleased with the lifespan of your extensions!
How can I tell if a color of the hair extensions I want will match my hair?
- All Bellissa Hair extensions include a tester weft for color matching prior to opening your full set of hair. The tester weft is a part of your 10-piece complete set, but is placed in a separate compartment so you can test it out first and still be eligible for a return or exchange, if you need a different color or length. Simply clip the weft on the side of your hair to see if it is a good match for your hair color and the right length for you. Once you are confident with the color and length, you can break the security seal and start to enjoy your Bellissa Hair!
- NOTE: Human hair extensions are a hygienic product. Due to the sensitive nature of hygienic products and public safety, once the security seal has been broken, altered, or tampered with in any way, your Bellissa Hair will no longer be eligible for a refund or exchange. This is an industry standard to ensure public safety.
What different types of hair extensions does Bellissa carry?
- Bellissa hair extensions range from our Classic Collection, Seamless Collection, Custom Classic Collection and Custom Seamless Collection.
What is the difference between the Classic Collection and Seamless Collection?
- Our Classic Collection hair extensions are designed with high-quality lace-stitched wefts. It provides stable structuring to offer a lot of versatility and comfort, perfect for women with medium to thick hair types looking to add more volume. The Classic Collection offers longer and fuller hair up to 280g and 26 inches long.
- Our Seamless Collection offers your Bellissa Hair on high quality silicone invisible thin wefts. It is specially designed on a silicone seamless skin weft which is a type of base for hair extensions that is very thin and flat and matches the hair color on the extensions for a seamless blend. The seamless weft is 50% thinner than our classic lace weft, and is ideal for those Bellissas with thinner to fine hair types, or those who want a more natural look with less volume. The Seamless Collection offers weights up to 220g and 24 inches long!
What are Custom Collection hair extensions?
- Our Custom Collection offers both our Classic lace weft extensions and our Seamless invisible skin weft extensions with even longer and fuller weights for those Bellissas that want more hair! All of the sets under our Custom Collection are custom orders specially designed for you. All custom orders are processed and uniquely designed on an individual basis, and will take 4 weeks to receive from the time the order has been processed. Due to the individual attention and time of each custom order, these orders are all FINAL SALE.
- NOTE: Please see our swatch store and order your desired color swatch PRIOR to placing a custom order to ensure your perfect match for your Bellissa shade.
How much do Bellissa hair extensions cost?
- Bellissa Hair extensions vary in price based on the length, weight, and color. Please see below for a list of our pricing.
- Classic Collection
- 18” 160g Set: $229-$269
20” 180g Set: $269-$309
22” 220g Set: $349-$389
- Seamless Collection
- 20” 180g Set: $279-$319
- Custom Classic Collection
- 24” 240g Set: $449-$499
26” 260g Set: $509-$559
26” 280g Set: $569-$619
- Custom Seamless Collection
- 20” 200g: $329-$379
20” 220g: $369-$419
22” 220g: $399-$449
24” 220g: $449-$499